Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October has been busy!

October is the deadline for most school's seniors to get their picture in for the yearbook. Late September and Early October sees a lot of senior portrait work for photographers as that's when most people begin thinking of school photos. I recommend all juniors to think about getting their portraits done in the summer if at all possible so that you have a lot of time to decide over which picture will be sent in and that you don't have to deal with it while dealing with sports, homework, and other senior year stressors!

Still, one of the most fun times to get portraits done are while the seasons change. Fall brings a lot of great texture and color - if you can get out while there's sun and not rain. Rain can make for some pretty unique pictures, but I know it's not ideal for most! I'm not a fan of being wet and cold, either!

I had the priveledge of meeting some of the class of 2012 this month. The last few sessions involved a SoHi Star and twin Kenai Kardinals. Each had a distinct personality and it was fun - and sometimes a challenge - to get their personalities to come through. But once they did, oh boy! Seniors continue to be my favorite sessions!







Aside from portraits I also attended the Medium Schools Football Championships and watched Kenai regain their Champion title. Congratulations to both Kenai and Homer for a game well played!

Sadly, with my sports lens still out being serviced I was unable to shoot the event, but I did take the smaller lens and shot some of the drumline's work. I'm currently editing those pictures so we'll have to wait and share those on another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment