Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kardinals vs Stars for State

Yesterday I braved the cold and attended the Small School Division State Championship Football game. Lifetime rivals Kenai and Soldotna high schools battled it out. SoHi won with a record making score of 77 to Kenai's 42. As an alum of Kenai, you can imagine the disappointment, but at the same time our boys played the game and they have every right to be proud of their season.

I, of course, took my camera to practice with my new telephoto lens (which I am in love with now and forever, by the way) and shot most of the game. Yesterday was downright freezing and I'm surprised we didn't see snow. My camera gave out towards the end of the third quarter as it was just too cold (I was, too. Major shivers!).

Here are a few shots from the game (I did not shoot this in any official capacity. Check out ASAA.com [org?] for the official photos).

Congratulations to Soldotna High School for a great exhibition of athletic ability. Wow.






No comments:

Post a Comment